Walk30 page views

Monday 18 June 2012

Day 18 Weekly Walking News

Walking on Strong!

Day 18 Weekly Walking News

One of the things that I have found is that, by far, the very best motivator for me to exercise is to be totally committed to helping or connecting with others in your fitness routine. 
In years past that meant that I would have 2 or 3 fitness classes per week that I taught at AR Kaufman family YMCA.  I had to be there because I was the instructor and people would be waiting for me in the gym or pool for an aerobics class, in the studio for strength training or in the group cycling room for a spin.  The bottom line was that I was there because I had committed to be the leader.
Over the past 6 or 7 years ( I am losing track ) Dave and I have had the great honor of leading the training sessions at the Running Room for a few years and then moving on to this Walk On Strong group that meets at the Waterloo Public Square.  
We have met some of the most amazing individuals, people that we would never had met otherwise.    At the same time we have been blessed with a reason to get out the door, lead the groups and keep ourselves and others healthier.
Having this group to meet on Tuesday evenings and  Saturday mornings keeps us active.  I am always amazed at how committed others are to this group and how people improve their fitness, and become involved in goals and fitness challenges like the Minds in Motion K W Walking Classic coming up in September.
If you don't live close enough to join us I would suggest starting your own little group that meets at a certain time every week.
If you do live close come and join us this week!
Walk On Strong!
Sue

 

Weekly Walking News

Walk On Strong Personal Best and Intro to Power Walking 10 week workshops are starting again on Thursday July 5th and will run until September 5th.

Weekly Free Walks meeting at Waterloo Square near Shoppers Drugmart

8 a.m. 12K with Dave

9 a.m.  5Kish with Sue 

We will be meeting together afterward at the Seven Shores Cafe for coffee and/or breakfast.



No comments:

Post a Comment