Walk30 page views

Friday 17 January 2014

Day 17 This walk is dedicated to my Dad 93 years yesterday

Christmas in Calgary with my Dad and my family
Day 17 Yesterday was my Dad's 93rd birthday and I was able to wish him happy day over the phone. He sounded good and happy to have his family around him for lunch ... thank goodness for cell phones and the connections they can bring.

My Dad has been an inspiration to me for a whole lot of reasons.  He and my Mom raised 8 (that's right 8!) children and survived to tell the tale. He has always been an active man and one of his favorite pass times for most of his adult life was golf ... to say he was an avid golfer would be an understatement.  When he was no longer able to golf he started going to the gym 3 or 4 times a week for many years. 

This past year has been a very difficult one for Dad as he has had to move into a care facility and has lost a great deal of his independence. He is in a wheel chair but he is still smiling and making the best of life. 

So here is to my Dad, Arthur, a wonderful father and role model.  I hope that I can face life with the same tenacity that you have.
I think that we can all take a page from his book.

I hope you had a great walk30 today ... Walk On Strong!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment