Walk30 page views

Thursday 10 November 2011

Day 10 Walk On Strong Workshops tonight

On a walk last March near Geneva, Switzerland
It is Day 10 and we have our Walk on Strong workshop tonight to make sure that we walk30. Thursday night we train the Intro to Power Walking group and the Personal Best group!
We are going to be talking about walking technique and intervals to build strength, speed and stamina. 
Intervals are my very favorite way to boost metabolism and get the most bang for your fitness buck. In my 20 plus years as a fitness trainer the best health tool I have learned about would be interval training.  I will do a whole blog about interval training some day soon but will let you in on a little secret for now ... you can get the same benefit from a walk30 interval walk as you can from a 60 minute steady walk.  All you need to do is pick up the pace for 30 to 40 seconds and then recover for a few minutes and then repeat for a 20 minute session ... add on your 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down and there you go ... a walk30 that gets your heart rate up and revs your metabolism for hours after.  It is all about moving fast when you have your 30 seconds of speed ... I am talking about walking as fast as you can! Remember your top speed is personal ... everyone is at a different place in their strength and ability. Your top speed will get faster if you keep doing intervals.
I am so inspired that I think that I am going out this afternoon and do a little interval training ... wish me luck and ... Walk On Strong!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment