Walk30 page views

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Day 7 Healthy Easy Energizing Breakfast

The Hoito is a wonderful Finnish Restaurant in Thunder Bay
 


REMEMBER TO VOTE! 
for the  Minds In Motion  
      KW WALKING CLASSIC
  
 Day 7 Healthy Easy Energizing Breakfast 
I just ran across this amazing recipe for a breakfast muffin that is extremely easy to make, has healthy ingredients that fill you up for hours and has no sugar in it at all!
It was on the Me and Jorge blog  by Amber that I follow and then I found this video from the Dr. Oz Show with Jorge himself making this muffin. 
       Dr. Oz 5 Minute energy boosters video
I have never been a big fan of flax seed ... I know it is a very healthy seed and gives us incredible benefits ... especially as women ...  I just haven't been a fan of the taste... but I love these muffins!  I have been eating them every day ... I think I have had a treat and I feel full all morning. Win / Win!
Here is the scoop:
The basic recipe is
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1 tsp coconut oil (extremely health oil!)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp stevia (maybe a little less or too taste)
1 egg
Put all this in a mug and stir it up really well ... then pop the mug in the microwave for about 50 to 60 seconds ( I have an older microwave so it takes a minute and a half ).
When done it is at the top of the mug and looks yummy ... just turn it over and it will slide out! BREAKFAST IS READY.
It makes a big filling muffin.
There are tons of options in the preparation: I add a few chopped up almonds and a few blue berries to the mix ... just experiment a little and enjoy!

I am walking30 and doing my Dance class today so it is a very good day! 
Walk on Strong!
Sue
 

No comments:

Post a Comment