Walk30 page views

Sunday 27 May 2012

Day 27 Take the walk30 Challenge!

This photo is from a memorable walk with my friend Elaine on the Bruce Trail near in Owen Sound last fall ... WOW!

 

Day 27 Take the walk30 Challenge!

Every so often I just have to remember to invite whoever ends up at this blog to come and join me in creating a daily walking habit ... just 30 minutes a day for 30 days (give or take depending on the month) in a row. That is it just walk30 for 30.  If you do the kilometers will add up and you will feel a difference in your body and your mind.
Things have been hectic for us the past few weeks and with a hectic life comes a little extra stress.  I don't know about you but there are times when I am somewhat stressed, feeling tired and a little down and the last hing I feel like doing is going for a walk.  It seems to be human nature but just when we really need to take extra care of ourselves those are the times that we avoid just those activities that will help us to feel better. There truly is some magic in making a commitment to yourself and since starting this walk30 habit I have a built in stress buster.  I walk30 and I write my blog everyday ... it is my commitment and it is a habit that gives back to me as a stress buster and an energy booster.
On June first please come and join me in committing to getting out the door every day for 30 minutes for thirty days in a row. Then you can make up your mind as to whether you want to continue.  I have been recommitting since last November ... and I am glad I did.
If you live near Kitchener Waterloo you can join us on Tuesdays and Saturdays at the Waterloo Public Square check in tomorrow for details ... Mondays are out Weekly Walking News days for our Walk On Strong group. 
You have a few days to think about this and on June first you can jump right in!
Take care and Walk On Strong!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment