Walk30 page views

Saturday 17 December 2011

Day 17 How to walk on ice ... carefully!

                           Things are getting frosty out there!

Day 17 (or 47) A great walk this morning although it was icy.  When the path is ice covered make sure that you are taking very small steps.  You want to keep your center of balance under your trunk.  If you are taking large strides it is very hard to recover from a slide. ( ouch!)  Take great care and focus on your steps and what is under foot. In good clear weather we encourage everyone to hold their head high and look down the road which keeps your body tall and strong.  In the winter when the road or sidewalk is icy it is a better idea to keep checking where your feet are stepping.  You want to have many long walks this winter and most days the path will be clear. 
In five years I have only had one significant fall and that was because I had my head turned and was talking to someone behind me .... not a great idea.  It can happen any time though even when you are vigilant ... so Walk On Strong ... carefully.


Sue

1 comment:

  1. I did my photo card of my walk 30 on Facebook. I like your photo , great texture. Good advice on the heads down!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete