Walk30 page views

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Day 11 Warming up for your workout

Walking on the Grand River trail ... nice!

  Day 11 Warming up for your workout

I get some great email newsletters from Prevention Magazine in my inbox on a regular basis.  One that caught my eye today included this informative video about how to warm up for your workout.
As a walker I believe that we usually don't really think about warming up beyond just getting out there and starting our walk.  If If you start out slow and dedicate your first 5 to 10 minutes to warming up your body  ... that works as a warm up.  But if you are planning on pushing yourself a little more during your walk ... say you are pushing your heart rate through intervals or hill training it might be a good idea to do more than a warm up walk to prepare your body for a little more stress.
I like this warm up because she concentrates on bringing more lubrication to the major joints that you are using in a strong walking session.  This would also make a great warm up to start your day ... just hop out of bed and move those joints.
Today I walked30 with my friend Cynthia from around the corner ... great company and a good walk30 ... what more can you ask for.
Walk On Strong!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment