Walk30 page views

Monday 19 March 2012

Day 19 Walk30 and live a long healthy life


Walking Community Board on the Millrace Trail

Day 19 Walk30 and live a long healthy life!
I want to dedicate today's blog to a man I have never met but I am pretty sure I would have liked a lot.   On Sunday we were out walking the Millrace Trail in St Jacobs.  On the trail there was a neat bulletin board for the people who walk on the trail to put up photos or notices ... things of interest that other walkers would be interested in.  What caught our eye was a dedication to a man who had been an avid walker and had passed away at 91 years just this month.  His name was Oscar Martin and he walked the trail for over 86 years! 
 It got me thinking ...  I hope that when I leave the planet someone recognizes that I walked my way through life ... right until the very end.  We just have to keep on walking30 if not every day hopefully most of our days! 
Today's walk is for you Oscar. Thank you for the inspiration!

The beginning of April is coming up soon ... think about joining me for the walk30 Challenge for April ... walking 30 minutes a day for 30 days in a row ... or maybe you will be challenging yourself again if you did Walk30 for 30 in March.
Let me know if you are going to give it a try in April!
Walk On Strong! and remember to vote until March 21 for Minds in Motion K  W Walking Classic
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment